The Medical Center Expands Orthopaedic Services
The Medical Center announces the opening of Medical Center Orthopaedics. In affiliation with UKHealthCare Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine, Medical Center Orthopaedics expands the availability of orthopaedic surgeons in Southcentral Kentucky.
Rasesh Desai, MD, FAAOS, Southcentral Kentucky's newest orthopaedic surgeon, has extensive fellowship training in Orthopaedic Spine, Pediatric Orthopaedic and Pediatric Spine, and Adult Reconstructive (Total Joints) Orthopaedics. To schedule an appointment, call 270-780-2750.
Our Orthopaedic Program
Orthopaedics at The Medical Center is a comprehensive, patient-centered service designed for patients who require orthopaedic surgery. The Medical Center offers a variety of treatment options ranging from total joint replacement surgery to physical therapy for patients who suffer from ailments and injuries of the bones and joints. If you are considering orthopaedic surgery, you'll find our commitment to compassionate and quality care second to none.
Features of Orthopaedic services include:
- State-of-the-art surgical facilities
- Advanced technologies such as minimally invasive computer-assisted knee replacement surgery
- Highly trained orthopaedic surgeons
- Highly skilled orthopaedic surgery staff and on-call team
- Same day service for pre-registration, pre-admission and patient education
- Pre- and post-operative education conducted by an orthopaedic nurse
- Comprehensive rehabilitation services
Pre-operative classes can assist you with understanding the surgery and learning what to expect while in the hospital and after you return home. This education is provided to you during the pre-admission process, which includes pre-registration and pre-admission testing. During this time, necessary paperwork and all pre-operative testing such as lab and EKGs are completed. You'll be able to arrive the day of surgery focused on healing and rehabilitation.