Commonwealth Health Corporation, the parent company of The Medical Center, offers a variety of opportunities for physicians including a choice of practice options.
Physician opportunities currently available in Bowling Green and Southcentral Kentucky include:
- Board-certified Internal Medicine physician to join 10-physician, well established, hospital-employed group. Our inpatient medicine program has been in place for 7 years. Offers 7 on / 7 off, 12-hour shift schedule as well as Nurse Practitioner support. Provide full-time inpatient medical care services from admission through discharge, returning patients to their primary care physician at the time of discharge. Perform medical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, and treatment of hospital inpatients. Serve as accepting physician for referrals from staff physicians and outlying facilities.
- Infectious Diseases
- Opportunity for a hospital-employed, BC/BE (ABIM) Infectious Diseases physician.
- 337-bed regional hospital with medical staff of 300 physicians, 30+ specialties
- Impressive subspecialty support, including open heart, vascular and neurosurgery services
- Ten-physician hospitalist program handles in-patient admissions with ID consultations.
- Urgentcare is seeking a full time, board certified Internal Medicine or Family Practice physician to join a well-established, multi-physician walk-in clinic. Urgentcare provides care for a variety of injuries such as sprains, strains, cuts, abrasions, contusions and work-related accidents. We also provide care and testing for colds, flu, sore throats, earaches, and pneumonia as well as help manage hypertension and diabetes, provide allergy injections, flu shots and some vaccines. We provide complete physicals in addition to wellness screenings to check blood pressure, cholesterol, and prostate health. Laboratory and radiologic services are available onsite. Urgentcare is open 7 days a week and offers 12-hour shift availability.
- Corpcare - Occupational Medicine
- Occupational Medicine practice is seeking an opportunistic and energetic physician to provide occupational health and wellness services. Our clinic cares about taking the opportunity to develop and nurture relationships with patients, local clients/employers and other third parties involved in the Work Comp process. This position will also partner with marketing efforts and outreach to the communities we serve. There is a wide spectrum of patient injuries seen, with a large population of professionals, municipalities, police and fire districts, and school districts, for example. Patient care hours are weekdays only from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., with no calls, evenings or weekends. It is preferred that the physician be trained and certified in FMCSA physical qualification standards or obtained upon hire.
- Corpcare – VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic
- Community Based Outpatient Clinic located in Bowling Green, Kentucky is searching for a motivated, board-certified or board eligible physician to care for area veterans. He/she will perform and record history and physical examinations and record data from clinic visits in computerized medical record. Evaluates, consults, develops diagnosis, and manages the primary care panel of patients assigned. Provides medical care encompassing acute and chronic medical conditions and all appropriate preventive care. Orders diagnostic tests, medications, laboratory tests as medically relevant for each patient and provides timely follow-up on results. Provides clinical support to clinic nurse practitioners. Patient care hours are weekdays only from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., with no calls, evenings or weekends.
Physicians who work with Commonwealth Health Corporation enjoy the prestige and support that comes with being a part of a superior healthcare organization.
- CHC keeps pace with the latest technology by investing significantly in the newest and best equipment available. Recently, CHC has invested in the Trilogy stereotactic system from Varian Medical Systems, a 64 Slice CT PET scanner, and da Vinci® Surgical System from Intuitive Surgical. Additionally, CHC invested over $5 million in a 5,600 square foot catheterization lab expansion; four cath labs are equipped to perform diagnostic and interventional procedures including peripheral and electrophysiology procedures.
- The Medical Center completed a $30 million expansion project that includes a two-story addition to the current Emergency Department and Ambulatory Surgery wing of the hospital. The addition provides approximately 48,000 square feet of new space designated entirely for patient care and enables The Medical Center to accommodate 48 new private rooms.
- The organization is constantly striving to improve the way care is delivered. In 2009, The Medical Center was named a top performer in a Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Premier healthcare alliance pay-for-performance (P4P) project that rewards hospitals for delivering higher quality care in five clinical areas.
About Bowling Green and Southcentral Kentucky
The third largest city in Kentucky, Bowling Green is located in Warren County with a city population of over 54,000. But, Bowling Green serves as the regional hub for business, education, industry and healthcare for 10 counties in Southcentral Kentucky, touting a population of nearly 279,000 for the region. The average annual temperature is around 60 degrees.
Bowling Green and the region offers many opportunities for recreation and cultural activities as well as a variety of area attractions. The quality of life in Bowling Green makes it both an excellent place to raise a family or a wonderful place to retire. As the Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce says, it is "a great place to live, work and play." Learn more about life in Southcentral Kentucky.
If you would like more information on current or future physician opportunities in Bowling Green and Southcentral Kentucky, please contact:
Beverly A. Neves, Recruiting Associate
Fax (270) 842-0765