The Medical Center offers outpatient programs designed to meet an individual's needs: Intensive Outpatient and Individual Outpatient.
Intensive Outpatient Program - an alternative program for adults diagnosed with a primary psychiatric disorder. The treatment offered within the program is designed to reduce or control psychiatric symptoms.
Services of the Intensive Outpatient program are designed to:
- Avoid hospitalization for those individuals in acute crisis where there is a supportive and stable living environment
- Reduce hospital length of stay by providing a transition from inpatient care to community living
- Help patients recognize and change self-defeating attitudes and behaviors that undermine their well-being and self esteem
- Help patients meet their identified needs by developing individualized programs of care.
- Assure that appropriate aftercare plans and referrals are made when the patient completes the program
Individual Outpatient Services are offered no more than once per week. These services include individual, marriage and family counseling. Psychological testing including cognitive and personality testing is also offered.
Outpatient Group Program Hours:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
9 a.m. to Noon
Outpatient Individual Therapy Hours:
Monday thru Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 pm, with appointment
Free assessments are available for individuals seeking outpatient services. A program representative will contact the patient to arrange for the assessment, where additional history and information about the presenting problems and/or stressors will be obtained, to ensure the most appropriate level of care. For more information, call (270) 796-2550.
Outpatient services are located in Suite 205 of the Commonwealth Medical Plaza, located adjacent to The Medical Center. Entrance to the Commonwealth Medical Plaza is located on Second Avenue.