Breathing problems can affect your life in many ways - from simple discomfort to life-threatening conditions. With timely and proper diagnosis, breathing problems like asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) can be successfully treated or managed.
At The Medical Center, our highly trained, licensed respiratory therapists can help diagnose, treat and manage breathing problems. Individualized care is available from the Respiratory Care department 24 hours a day, seven days a week, both on an inpatient and outpatient basis. Respiratory therapists play an integral role in care provided throughout The Medical Center including critical care areas, Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation and the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Some of our services include:
- Arterial Blood Gas Sampling (ABGS)
- Bronchoscopy Assistance including Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscopy
- Bronchodilator Therapy (Breathing Treatments)
- Mechanical Ventilation (Both invasive and non-invasive)
- Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT)
- Neurodiagnostic Procedures (EEG & EMG)
- Airway Clearance Techniques
- Bronchial Hygiene
- Hyperinflation Therapy (Deep breathing exercises)
- Labor & Delivery Assistance
- High Frequency Ventilation - NICU services
Some breathing problems may be related to a sleep disorder. The Medical Center Sleep Center, staffed by respiratory therapists, can evaluate your breathing problems and perform a sleep study to determine if a sleep disorder is the cause. The most appropriate and effective treatment can then be prescribed.
The Medical Center also offers MedEquip, a home respiratory and medical equipment service, which offers state-of-the-art products to assist those who have medical and respiratory needs outside of a hospital setting.