The Medical Center's vascular surgery program is designed to diagnose, manage and treat a wide range of disorders and diseases which affect the arteries and veins throughout the body. Michael P. Byrne, MD, FACS, Don W. Brown, DO, FACOS, FACS and Shane O'Keeffe, M.D. can help those suffering from vascular diseases change their lives through surgical and minimally invasive procedures that improve circulation and allow an improved lifestyle.
Traditional Vascular Surgery
- Repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Lower extremity bypass procedures
- Surgical treatment of diabetic foot infections
- Dialysis access procedures
- Surgical treatment of varicose veins
State-of-the-Art Minimally Invasive Procedures
- Endovascular stent graft repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms and aneurysms of the thoracic aorta
- VNUS Closure - radiofrequency ablation of varicose veins
- Laser ablation of varicose veins
- Balloon angioplasty and stents of arterial and venous blockages of upper and lower extremities
- Thrombolysis for DVT, PE, CVA and arterial blockages
- Silverhawk atherectomy
- IVC filter placement and retrieval
- Stenting of renal artery stenosis
- Coil embolization of peripheral vasculature (including uterine artery embolization for treatment of uterine fibroids)
- Carotid stent placement
The Medical Center provides 24-hour availability of a vascular surgeon and 24-hour availability of endovascular lab for all procedures. The Medical Center has a full service ultrasound lab with a dedicated technologist and an outpatient wound care clinic. We provide in-office fitting and low cost availability of graduated compression hose.
The Medical Center also offers vascular screenings for the early detection of the most common vascular risks: stroke, aortic aneurysm and lower extremity, peripheral arterial disease.
The Medical Center's Vascular Services are associated with The Heart Institute which provides comprehensive cardiac care.